A CozyBogie Thanksgiving: Sauteed Spicy Kale
November 25, 2011 § 1 Comment
A delicious side with a spicy bite!
Sauteed Spicy Kale Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds young kale, stems and leaves coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 tbsp pepperoncini or red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until soft, but not colored, and add the red pepper flakes. Raise heat to high, add the stock and kale and toss to combine. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring until all the liquid has evaporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste and add vinegar.