A CozyBogie Thanksgiving: Bitter Green Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts and Grapefruit Vinaigrette
November 25, 2011 § 1 Comment
A lovely, light salad to partner with a hearty dinner!
I took gamble with this recipe and it paid off! I have never tried this before and it really came out fantastically.
Bitter Green Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts and Grapefruit Vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb organic bitter green mix (arugula, radicchio, frisee, etc)
- 3/4 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts, skin removed as much as possible
- 1 cup of segmented grapefruit sections
- 1/2 cup of shaved or grated Parmesan cheese
1. Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl and let it sit for ten minutes.
2. Toast your chopped hazelnuts in a skillet just until fragrant.
3. Just prior to serving (don’t do this early on or else your salad will wilt!), toss together hazelnuts, grapefruit segments, greens, and cheese, and dressing.